Frittata with chicken and basil
Extracted from "Chicken and Egg" by Lawrence and Giles Laurendon
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes)
8 eggs, beaten
1 cooked skinless boneless chicken breast, about 125 g/4 oz, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1 small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh herb sprigs, to garnish
- Mix the eggs, chicken, basil and parsley together in a large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and pour in the egg mixture.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Slide the frittata onto a flat plate and then return it to the frying pan the other side up. Cook gently for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut the frittata into small rectangles or diamond shapes, garnish with fresh herb sprigs and serve warm.