Mimosa-style bruschetta with tapenade
Extracted from "Chicken and Egg" by Lawrence and Giles Laurendon
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Preparation: 15 minutes/Cooking: 5 minutes
4-8 slices of pain de campagne, depending on size of loaf (or crusty farmhouse or French bread)
1 small jar of tapenade (about 175 g/6 oz)
4 hard-boiled eggs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the slices of bread under a preheated medium grill and toast until lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove them from the grill and let them cool for a few moments, then spread the toast with a layer of tapenade.
- Shell the eggs and separate the egg whites from the yolks. Use the egg whites for another recipe. Put the egg yolks into a sieve held above the slices of toast and press the yolks through the sieve with the back of a spoon, to create little yellow vermicelli which will colour your bruschetta.
- Grind some black pepper over the top.
- Sprinkle with some chopped chives and serve.