Left Over Turkey Tetrazzini
From ThePoultrySite.com kitchen
Wondering what to do with those piles of leftover turkey from Christmas? Well here is ThePoultrySite's delicious answer.
Apologies, we didn't get to take any photos whilst preparing this dish.
Ingredients (serves 4 as a main meal)
1 chopped onion
35g of fresh mushrooms
60ml each of flour & margarine
250ml of milk
250ml of chicken broth
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp dried whole tarragon
1/4 tsp pepper
a dash of ground nutmeg
1kg of cooked spaghetti
1kg of turkey, cooked/chopped
50g of grated cheddar cheese
- Saute onion and mushrooms in margarine until caramelised.
- Add flour whilst stirring contents. Cook for one minute.
- Gradually add milk and chicken broth a ladel full at a time
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
Add parsley, tarragon, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in spaghetti, turkey,
and half of the cheese, mixing well
- Pour into a greased casserole dish and cook at 180 degrees centigrade for half an hour.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and
bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, and pepper strips.
Serve straight out of the oven and piping hot. Treat yourself to a hearty glass of red wine whilst eating.