Potato and Red Pepper Frittata
Ingredients (serves 3 - 4)
450g (1lb) small new potatoes
30ml (2tbsp) chopped fresh mint
30ml (2tbsp) olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 red peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
salt and black pepper to season
mint sprigs to garnish
- Scrub the potatoes, then cook in a pan of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain the potatoes, leave to cool slightly, then cut into thick slices,
- Whisk together the eggs in a bowl, add the mint and seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, Add the onion, garlic, peppers and potatoes to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5mins.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables an stir gently
- Once the egg mixture is lightly set place the pan under a hot grill for 2-3mins, until golden brown.
Serve hot or cold, cut into wedges and garnished with sprigs of mint.