ThePoultrySite Recipe Section
Ingredients (serves 2)
50g (2oz) butter
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
50g (2oz) mushrooms chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of ground mace
4 hot hard-boiled eggs
25g (1oz) plain flour
300ml (½ pint) milk
75g (3oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
Few cooked peas to garnish
- Melt 25g (1oz) of butter in a saucepan. Add the onions and mushrooms and fry until soft. Drain off any liquid, then season well with salt, pepper and mace.
- Half the eggs lengthways. Remove the yolks and mash well, then stir into the mushroom mixture. Use to stuff the egg whites and sandwich them back together. Place in a flameproof dish.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook for 1min.
- Gradually stir in the milk and bring to the boil. Simmer for 1min.
- Season well and stir in 50g (2oz)of cheese until melted.
- Pour over the eggs. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and brown under a preheated moderate grill.
- Spoon peas at each end of the dish and serve.
¿Quién Está En Línea?