Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne
Ingredients (serves 4)
(4lbs) Cooked chicken (Chopped into bite sized pieces)
(1lb) Mushrooms (sliced)
(8oz) Wafer thin ham (shredded)
(1¾ pint) Milk
(1¾ pint) Chicken stock
(5oz) Soft cheese with garlic and herbs
(8oz) Frozen spinach (thawed)
(10mls) Dried tarragon
2 large crushed garlic cloves
(6oz) Gruyere cheese (grated)
(6oz) Fresh white bread crumbs
- Melt (2oz) butter in pan. Add mushrooms and cook for 3-4mins. Remove mushrooms from the pan and save butter in the pan.
- Add remaining butter to pan and melt. Stir in flour and cook for 1min. Blend in the milk and chicken stock slowly. Bring to the boil and cook for 1-2min. Mix in the soft cheese, tarragon, garlic and spinach.
- Spoon some of the sauce into the base of an oven proof dish. Layer lasagne, followed by chicken mushroom and ham. Finish with a layer of sauce, making sure it covers the other ingredients completely.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs and grated cheese over the sauce.
- Stand dish on a baking tray and cook at 200ºC Gas Mark 6 for 1-1¼ hours.