ThePoultrySite Recipe Section
Marinated Guinea Fowl
Ingredients (serves 3 - 4)
2 Unwaxed lemons
3 Bay leaves
Black Peppercorns (lightly crushed)
25g (1oz) Butter
150 (¼ pint) stock
75g (3oz) rindless streaky bacon
- Put the bird in a bowl, add zest and juice of half an unwaxed lemon, three bay leaves and 2 level tbsp black peppercorns, lightly crushed. Cover; leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan oven) mark 6. Put the bird in a roasting tin, breast side down, stuff with a whole unwaxed lemon and 25g (1oz) butter, pour over stock and roast for 50min.
- Turn bird on to its back, cover the breast with the bacon and roast for a further 20 min or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced.
- Check the level of stock and top up if necessary.
- About 5 min before the end of cooking time, pull the bacon aside to brown the breast.
¿Quién Está En Línea?